Novavax, Inc. (“Novavax”, “we” and “us” refers to Novavax and its subsidiaries unless the context otherwise indicates) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of Personal Data that we collect in online and offline formats through the Services. BY PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO NOVAVAX OR OTHERWISE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND TO THE TRANSFER AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE UNITED STATES.
Scope and Definitions
This Privacy Notice covers the Personal Data we collect through our provision of the Services. Please note this Privacy Notice does not apply to Novavax’s processing of employee Personal Data.
When we use the term “Personal Data”, we mean data that reasonably can be used to identify a living person or that reasonably relates to a living person (a “Data Subject”).
When we use the term “Services”, we mean to refer collectively to:
The website NovavaxCovidVaccine.com and any others owned and controlled by us that link to this Privacy Notice (“Sites”); prospective research and employee application processes (“Application Activities”); and our marketing and business development activities, including events we host (such as webinars) and social media properties we operate (“Marketing Activities”).
The Data Subjects we receive Personal Data from in providing the Services are:
- Physicians and other health care professionals;
- Clinical trial investigators;
- Potential investors in Novavax;
- Prospective research participants;
- Service providers, contractors and consultants;
- Job applicants;
- Volunteers; and
- Other individuals who interact directly with Novavax or its business partners.
Novavax may provide additional privacy notices to individuals at the time we collect their data. For example, we often provide a specific privacy notice to participants in research studies or clinical trials (collectively, “Research”) during the informed consent process that describes our privacy practices in connection with conducting Research. This type of an “in-time” notice will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time instead of this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Data We Collect
In connection with the Services, we collect:
- Identification information including name, profession, email address, zip code and telephone number;
- Contact information including postal address and e-mail address, zip code and phone number;
- Research-specific information including information about patients, caregivers, or Healthcare Professionals and their research activities;
- Health information including information about interest and participation in clinical trials, webinars community programs and interest groups;
- Professional and employment information including CV/resume details, professional and academic history, credentials, designations, licenses and personnel files;
- Service data including information on requests made and interactions with our Services; and
- Other background data including information on criminal history/unlawful conduct.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect this Personal Data in various ways, including:
- Directly from the Data Subject including from users of the Services when you voluntarily submit information, when you register with us to receive information about clinical trials or other research studies, when you register for events such as webinars, trainings, lectures, seminars, or workshops, when you submit a grant request, when you request to receive financial updates about Novavax’ business, when you apply for a job, send us an email or other correspondence, or complete a form in connection with our Services;
- Indirectly from Other Sources including from service providers and business partners that identify potential employment candidates, potential research participants or investigators, or prospective business partners or patient groups, or that coordinate events and programs for the Application Activities and Marketing Activities;
- Publicly Available Sources including from social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other publicly available databases; and
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data for a variety of business purposes. These purposes include:
- Managing, operating and growing our business, and administering the Services, including through the use of third party service providers;
- Complying with legal or regulatory obligations;
- Developing new resources and services;
- Processing and considering applications for employment, including evaluating and confirming your suitability for a position and accuracy of any information submitted;
- Monitoring and auditing compliance with internal policies and procedures, legal obligations and to meet requirements and orders of regulatory authorities;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with health care professionals, investigators, researcher, patients and caregivers;
- Notifying you regarding Novavax financial information;
- Communicating with you to respond to your inquiries and to provide technical or administrative support;
- Conducting Marketing Activities, communicating updates, invitations and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Investigating and resolving disputes and security issues and enforcing our Terms and Conditions;
- Preventing, investigating and providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data, the website or our data systems, and to meet legal, regulatory, judicial and company policy obligations; and
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purposes.
How We Share Personal Data
- Within Novavax. We share your Personal Data within Novavax for the purposes set forth above.
- Service Providers. We share Personal Data with third-party service providers who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as health care professionals, contract research organizations or other medical institutions conducting Research on our behalf or in collaboration with us, data storage and analytics providers, recruiters, background check providers, event coordinators, market research providers, technology providers (including technology support providers, email communications providers and web developers) or those providers assisting with the Services.
- Regulatory, Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose Personal Data to governmental regulatory authorities, including in connection with monitoring, review and approval of our studies, products and services, financial disclosure obligations, adverse event reporting, and in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose Personal Data to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or us, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose Personal Data as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture, financing, or sale of company assets and may transfer Personal Data to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. Personal Data may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
Managing Communication Preferences
If you have signed up to receive information from us (or where permitted by law, if you have provided us or we have obtained your contact information), we may send you email messages, direct mail information, push notifications, or other communications regarding products or services depending on the method of communication selected. You may ask us not to do so when you access our Services or change your preferences by updating any accounts you have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in the form of the communication you received or by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements, flyers, or postcards, please submit an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please be sure to include your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on the printed marketing materials you received.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing communications via email, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you or submit an opt-out request to the contact information set forth in the Contact Us section below. Please note that you may continue to receive certain transactional or account-related electronic messages from us.
The Sites are not intended for, or directed to, children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly receive Personal Data from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not provide us with any Personal Data either directly, through any website forms, or by any other means. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Sites
Our Sites contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Novavax. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy policies of such other sites or how these sites operate or treat your Personal Data. We encourage you to be aware of this when you leave our Sites and to read the privacy policies and terms and conditions associated with each of these third party sites that collect personally identifiable information.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
Novavax is continually improving and adding new functionality and features to the Services. Because of these ongoing improvements, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, Novavax’ data practices will change from time to time. Accordingly, this Privacy Notice is subject to occasional revisions. We will notify you of changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on the Sites and updating the effective date of the Privacy Notice. Such changes to the Privacy Notice will becomeeffective when posted. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically and become aware of modifications.